Meeting Date and Time: Sunday February 19th 2017 beginning at 5pm
Location of Event: Davies Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church
Address of Event: 7400 Temple Hills Road, Temple Hills MD 20748
Contact Person: Jonathan W. Hutto, Sr. Phone # (301) 395-5575 Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prince George’s County People’s Coalition (the Coalition) is an anti-racist, multi-racial, grassroots organization of individuals and groups centered in Prince George’s County, Maryland. We oppose police brutality, mass incarceration, school closings and all ills of the racist capitalist super-structure. We also seek to eliminate the underlying culture that promotes such abuses. The Coalition investigates, educates, lobbies, agitates, mobilizes and demonstrates.
We envision a County whose residents are organized and mobilized on an ongoing basis to prevent racist and oppressive abuses. In addition, all concerned persons will be empowered to secure appropriate punishment of police officers, prison guards, school administrators and any public official who abuses the public trust. This will occur through a campaign for a reformed set of state and local laws coupled with continued community organization, mobilization and vigilance.
Agenda for Coalition Meeting:
– Intro’s of Organizations and Laypersons concerned
– Shruti Bhatnagar of Maryland Welcomes Refugees will brief us on the challenge of Syrian Refugees in our County and how we could potentially plug in and assist (with a special focus on Riverdale Maryland)
– Thomas Meyer of Food and Water Watch will be on hand to update us on the struggle to ban Fracking in our state and the March 2nd Mobilization in Annapolis towards banning Fracking- GET ON THE BUS!
– Jonathan Hutto will take the lead on next steps towards implementation of citizens on Police Trial Boards and other measures yet to be fulfilled from our County Police Department including local departments within our incorporated jurisdictions
– Lawrence Grandpre of Leaders of a Beautiful Struggle (LBS) will brief on the Struggle to reform Maryland’s Bail System and how we can plug into the statewide mobilization effort.
Announcements and Adjournment
If you would like child care, please contact 301-449-4308 – leave a message if no one answers, as to the date and time child care is requested and your name and number.