WHY COME TO OUR CHURCH?
Besides trying to live by our Principles, including the freedom to engage in our personal search for truth and meaning, we are inspired to:
- Affirm the inherent worth and dignity of all people, including a warm embrace of ourselves and of those in our community.
- Express ourselves in community through song, the sharing of joys and sorrows, and having a personal connection to others, which helps us grow both personally and communally.
- Do what inspires us and gives us hope, including working toward racial justice and ending all forms of oppression, helping to feed the hungry through our support of the Oxon Hill Food Pantry, both learning and teaching about how we can better the world around us through our religious education programs
- Belong to a community that celebrates the common concerns and different perspectives of all generations, recognizing all that we have to learn from each other.
- Create a home where our children and grandchildren can explore their beliefs about life’s big questions, learn about different religious traditions, and be a part of a loving, caring community.
- Offer a sanctuary where all can feel comfortable, welcome, and included.